Day 1 - My Room


The Hôtel du Panthéon at 19 Place du Panthéon is where I chose to stay. It fit within my criteria of being small and close to the Seine. It was more than the $250 CA I had hoped to pay. But it was worth every extra penny. I had a beautiful safe room with an AMAZING view. Breakfast was meager, but healthy and included in my agreement.

Upon arrival I took a couple of pictures of the exterior of the Hôtel du Panthéon, not knowing which room was mine. Mine is the 2nd from the top on the far left.




The view from my bed

The view from my balcony.

I did have a balcony, although it was not wide enough for a table and the railing came up to about my hip-height. I wasn't sure if I actually should be standing on it or not. It was wonderful have windows that opened to freshen the room air and to hear the bustle below. The traffic, with it's occasional wee-ah, wee-ah of the police; later the skaters in the Place du Panthéon and the ravens making a nuisance of themselves along the railings of the Panthéon itself. I was tempted at night to leave the windows open - the weather was warm enough- but I've seen enough Cary Grant movies to know that probably wasn't a safe idea. Anyway, here's a mini-film from my mini-balcony. I could see Sacre Coeur on the horizon if the weather was clear.

À Bientôt

Comments

  1. You must have had to pinch yourself to make sure you weren't dreaming!

    What a great view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a room with a view. Fun to see the wonderful video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great hotel! Love the film, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your room looks lovely...we always kept the windows open a little...fresh air...never a fly or bug or burgler.. ha

    don't you just love sitting and watching all of paris go by...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, hello everybody. Comments are showing up here without me moderating them first. A nice surprise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hotel room and excellent view. Thanks for sharing, because we all need to know where to stay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment